Sunday, November 13, 2005

New Website Today! - World War I Draft Card Resgistrations On-line FREE!

Steve Gorney at www.s-go.net and I have finished the new website and will be launching it today (I hope). I think you will agree that he did a superb job of formatting my old site to the new design. The man is incredible! If you ever need someone to hold you by the hand and walk you through this wild wild world called the Internet, he’s your guy. JOOMLA! (VERY Good!)

We will have much of the old material in a newer sleeker presentation, and we have added tons of new features and data. You will now be able to subscribe to my RSS feeds (at no charge of course) and you will get any news flashes that I think might be helpful to NYS researchers.

At the top there will be a “SEARCH” box for my whole website, then a row of buttons for:

Home – Daily Blog – Favorite Genealogy Links – FAQs – Contact Us – Site Map

Then along the left hand side there will be buttons for:

Home

Basic Genealogy

Civil War Research in NY

Internet Genealogy

Internet Security

Land Records

Mayflower Connection

NY Counties & Census

Old Cambridge District

Researchers Gathering

Book Reviews

My Genealogies

Login Form:

Username

Password

RSS Feeds:

RSS 1.0

RSS 2.0

If you don’t know about RSS feeds yet, stay tuned, I’m going to write an easy to understand description on what they are and how to use them.

I think you will really like the new design and I hope that we will be able to bring you new and exciting items to help you discover those pesky elusive ancestors!

Please let me have some feedback on the new design and if you have thoughts on additions, corrections or if you find any glitches, burps, humps in the road, or BUGS, then PLEASE do let me know ASAP.

(Oh, and by the way, I just LOVE my new logo!)

Keep trying the site at www.ny-genes.com until you see the new design.

World War I Draft Registration Cards - FREE!

Ancestry has completed indexing and digitizing nearly 24 million World War One Draft Registration Cards (1917-1918). To celebrate they are offering free access to this database with registration (your name and email address) from November 12-25, 2005. To take advantage of this offer you must go to the webpage below and click on the WWI Draft Cards link near the top...

Online World War One Indexes & Records
http://www.militaryindexes.com/worldwarone/

This is a wonderful collection of data that will give you Names, Addresses, Age, Date of Birth, Occupation, Next of Kin and other neat stuff. This is for EVERYONE of registration age, not just the men who actually served. Yeah...!

No comments: