Monday, January 07, 2008

Baptist Church Records Rescued from the Wrecking Ball!

Important collection of church records salvaged from the wrecker by a RUMSEY researcher rummaging!

Genealogists have a good friend in Tompkins County, New York.
Mary Rumsey sent word that she rescued a cache of Baptist Church records that were tucked away in an attic during some recent demolition for an addition.

In Mary's words: Of course I grabbed them :)

I have; First Baptist Church of West Danby, NY 1894-1928,
West Danby Church Minutes 29 April 1955 to 1 July 1965,
Records of the W. Danby Church 30 Oct 1858 to 1890,
and Minutes 1965 to 1972.

I will do lookups for anyone, anytime, if they send me an email. I work more than full time, so I haven't been able to start transcribing them at all yet. I will do whatever I am able to help.

I also have thousands of RUMSEYs and much of the RUMSEYS genealogist's work for Symon and Robert RUMSEY. (Basically NY and PA) (Willing to share.)

Note: If anyone wants to reach Mary, send me an email and I will forward it to her, rather than publish her email address.

(unyg)

Notes:
Something new for 2008, if you enjoy this UNYG Blog, you might also like to visit our other Blog site that is meant for genealogists everywhere, at http://genemisc.blogspot.com. Still all free information! Our websites are now supported by advertising. Please leave comments on each of our Blogs by clicking on the word comment right underneath this blog message. You may subscribe to all future posts of this Blog by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of this website and click on the subscribe tab. If you wish to be added to our email list for announcements and special offerings, just send us your email address to opt in.
Your feedback and comments spur us on!


No comments: